Electrical and Instrumentation Lecturer (Associate)
Based in Derby, York, Scotland, the South and South East.
Develop Training is the UK's leading accredited provider of Compliance, Technical, and Safety training. We support over 7,000 firms with their training needs and our clients include some of the UK's largest and best-known organisations from the Utilities and Construction, Defence, Healthcare, Facilities Management, and Telecommunication sectors.
Develop is an equal opportunities provider and we are committed to the safeguarding of all our employees, associates and learners.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a criminal records check as part of our safeguarding duty and every 3 years thereafter.
Associates delivering Develop's products will:
- deliver courses that meet customer needs.
- work with learners to achieve desired learning and development outcomes.
- perform practical exercises as well as classroom based learning.
Skills, knowledge and experience
You will have relevant teaching experience and knowledge, including:
- possession of a training qualification, AET or equivalent, and relevant experience.
- possession of an assessing qualification, TAQA level 3 or equivalent.
- full UK driving licence.
- knowledge and experience of safe systems of work for low voltage.
- qualified/knowledgeable in the IET Wiring Regulations.
- maintenance on industrial equipment supplied by low voltage.
- operation and switching of low voltage equipment.
- visual and periodic inspection and testing of low voltage equipment.
- operational experience in:
- field instrumentation (level, pressure, temperature and flow).
- control loops.
- control valves.
- hazardous area experience (COMPEX qualified desirable).
- process control / control systems knowledge.
- safe isolation of electrical systems.
- qualified in English and Mathematics to a minimum of level 2.
- knowledge of Ofsted's requirements in respect of Safeguarding and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
- that you will have experience from industry in the position of an Authorised Person/Authorising Engineer.
- that you hold a HNC in appropriate subject although minimum level City and Guilds Level 3 in Electrical Engineering/Instrumentation with appropriate experience.
You will be:
- able to engage with all types of learners.
- highly organised and able to multitask.
- people orientated and approachable.
- excellent at presenting information.
- professionally presented.
Register your interest
If you wish to register your interest or discuss further, please contact us at
email@example.com, Develop Training Limited, HR Department, Derby Training Centre, Ascot Drive, Derby DE24 8GW or 01332 253 500 ext 2005 for more details.