Authorised Person: HV Healthcare Refresher training course
Course code: AP7 | View training area
A 5 day training course for authorised persons high voltage who have a mandatory requirement to complete refresher training to remain eligible for continued appointment. Delegates should have previously attended the Authorised Person: HV Healthcare course.
Please see below for our full training overview for the High Voltage (HV) AP Healthcare Refresher course.
Benefits of attending for the delegate
- Continuous professional development, continued understanding and compliance with legislation.
- Better communication with colleagues. Coaching from highly experienced trainers and the opportunity to meet and interact with other AP's and AE's.
Benefits of attending for the employer
- Continued compliance with legislation.
- An independent recommendation of suitability as an Authorised Person.
- Better documentation, communication and enforcement of safe working procedures.
What you will learn
- Requirements of statutory regulation/legislation. HTM 06-03 Safety Rules and Procedures.
- HV switchgear and its operation and maintenance.
- Electrical distribution equipment and its operation and maintenance.
- Application of Electricity Safety Regulations to HV ring and radial distribution systems.
- Issue of Permits, Sanctions and limitations of access.
- Operating records and documentation.
What qualifications will you achieve?
- This course incorporates assessment and certification under the City and Guilds Frontline Skills Framework Utilities 5831 scheme unit 914 Authorised Person High Voltage Healthcare.
- The output from this course is a recommendation to support an Authorising Engineer's decision when considering the appointment of Authorised Person's.
How is this training delivered?
- Delegates complete practical exercises that involve the management, application and control of documentation.
- Delegates are continually assessed, both in written and practical exercises, and there are opportunities to work with a wide range of equipment that will support their knowledge in the field.
- This course can be intense, it includes evening work, both the reading of course materials and completion of projects.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Delegates should bring their AP's logbook for update.
- Delegates can bring with them any materials used by their own employer, copies of risk assessments or management systems so that they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.
- Delegates should bring safety boots and safety glasses, and waterproof clothing for outdoor practical exercises.