Authorised Person: LV Commercial Refresher training course
Course code: AP12a | View training area
A 3 day training course for suitably experienced mechanical and electrical personnel who are currently practicing as authorised person electrical, with respect to low voltage distribution and installations or supervising work on LV installations, and have been nominated for re-appointment. Those with less experience may find the full Authorised Person: LV Commercial course more appropriate.
Please see below for our full training overview for Low Voltage (LV) Authorised Person Commercial Refresher.
Benefits of attending for the delegate
- Understanding and compliance with legislation.
- Better communication with colleagues.
Benefits of attending for the employer
- Compliance with legislation.
- An independent recommendation of suitability as a re-appointed Authorised Person.
- Better documentation, communication and enforcement of safe working procedures.
What you will learn
- Requirements of statutory regulation/legislation. Statutory Safety Regulations (EAWR 89). Safety Regulations and procedures under HSG 85.
- Safe Systems of Work (House Rules).
- British Standard (BS) 7671 Institute Electrical Engineers (IEE) Current Wiring Regulations.
- Application of EAWR 89 to LV installations.
- Local Safe Systems of Work.
- Issue of Permits to Work.
- Procedures for Live Working.
- Operating records and documentation.
What qualifications will you achieve?
- This course incorporates assessment and certification under the City and Guilds Frontline Skills Framework Utilities 5831 scheme unit 915 - Authorised Person Low Voltage Commercial.
How is this training delivered?
- Delegates complete practical exercises that involve the management, application and control of documentation.
- Delegates are continually assessed, both in written and practical exercises, and there are opportunities to work with a wide range of equipment that will support their knowledge in the field.
- This course can be intense, as it includes evening work, including both the reading of course materials and completion of projects.