A 2 day training course that tests learners gas safety competence to install and commission light commercial gas sized meters up to 40m/3/hr with pipework up to 2” in size.
N.B. Candidates successfully completing this assessment may also install LP meters of capacity = 6m³/h.
Learners must hold one of the following core qualifications:
If working on meters > 16m³/hr, or working on installations out of scope of UP/1B TPCP1 or TPCP1A is required.
Work on meters with MP supply also requires REGT2.
What you will learn
Course content includes, but is not limited to:
- Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations 1998
- Tightness testing and purging
- Gas Industry Unsafe Situations Procedure
- Scope of operatives work checking and setting regulators
- Operation and positioning of emergency isolation and warning labels
- Emergency procedures
- Pipe-work requirements
- Appliance inspections