Butt Fusion of PE Pipe (GA8) Training Course
A one day training course incorporating City and Guilds assessment and accreditation providing the skills to join polyethylene pipe safely using Butt Fusion techniques.
Is this the right course for you?
- This course is for all Service and Mains Layers requiring Butt Fusion jointing skills.
Anticipated benefits of attending (for the delegate)
- Confidence using Butt Fusion equipment.
Anticipated benefits of attending (for the employer)
- Competent employees, better able to complete and document jointing operations.
What you will learn.
- To state the essential elements required to make successful joints using Butt methods.
- To demonstrate the ability to join PE pipes together in line with industry standards.
- To correctly set up Butt Fusion equipment ready for operation.
- To correctly introduce PE pipe into machines to eliminate joint fault.
- To demonstrate the ability to use various machines provided.
- To apply a level of quality assurance to completed joints.
- To carry out the Butt Fusion process in accordance with Health and Safety requirements.
What qualifications will you achieve?
- This course incorporates assessment and certification under the City and Guilds Frontline Skills Framework Utilities 5831 scheme units 152 PE Pipe Butt Fusion.
How is this course delivered?
- Theory is delivered in the classroom but there is an emphasis on hands on practical application of skills to joint pipe.
Do you need to bring anything with you?
- Delegates should bring safety boots and safety glasses, overalls and working gloves.
- Delegates can bring with them any materials used in their work, copies of risk assessments or management systems so that they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.
- Trench Support Techniques (GA74)
A four day training course incorporating City and Guilds assessment and accreditation designed deliver knowledge and practical experience of Trench Support techniques (timber, steel and hydraulic).
- Electro Fusion of PE Pipe (GA143)
A one day training course incorporating City and Guilds assessment and accreditation providing the skills to join polyethylene pipe safely using Electro Fusion techniques.
1 day training course
Please use our links to Book Online, or book by calling us on 0800 876 6708. If you can't find the date you are looking for, please fill in our course enquiry form and one of our training specialists will then contact you regarding your desired training.
|Start Date||End Date||Venue||Price (exc. VAT)||Price (inc. VAT)||