Authorised Person: Boiler and Pressure Systems Refresher training course
Course code: AP22 | View training area
A 3 day training course providing a continuous professional development refresher for experienced personnel who are currently practicing as authorised person in boiler and pressure systems.
Please see below for our full training overview for the Boiler and Pressure Systems AP Refresher course.
Benefits of attending for the delegate
- Greater understanding and compliance with legislation.
- Better communication with colleagues.
Benefits of attending for the employer
- Compliance with legislation.
- An independent recommendation of suitability as an Authorised Person.
- Better documentation, communication and enforcement of safe working procedures.
What you will learn
- You will re-visit safe working procedures on pressure systems as required by the Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000, Provision and use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 and Safety Rules and Procedures for Work on Pressure Systems.
- Requirements of statutory regulation/legislation.
- Operational Appointments, Roles and Duties of Appointed Personnel.
- Risk Assessment.
- Creating, documenting and enforcing safe working procedures.
What qualifications will you achieve?
- The output from this boiler and pressure systems refresher course is a recommendation to support an Authorising Engineers decision when considering the re-appointment of Authorised Persons.
How is this training delivered?
- The course is delivered using our in-house safety rules, but it can be adapted to reflect a client's own safety rules and documentation.
- Delegates complete practical exercises that involve the management, application and control of documentation. There is an emphasis on hands on experience wherever this is possible.
- Assessment is by written paper on an isolation documentation exercise.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Delegates can bring with them any materials used by their own employer, copies of risk assessments or management systems so that they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.