Butt Fusion / Electro Fusion of PE Pipe training course
Course code: WNCS1 (old code OP223) | View training area
A 2 day training course incorporating City and Guilds assessment and accreditation providing the skills for service and mains layers to join polyethylene pipe safely using butt fusion and electro fusion techniques.
Please see below for our full training overview for the Butt & Electro Fusion of Polyethylene (PE) Pipe course.
Benefits of attending for the delegate
- Confidence using Butt Fusion and Electro Fusion equipment.
Benefits of attending for the employer
- Competent employees, better able to complete and document jointing operations.
What you will learn
- To state the essential elements required to make successful joints using Butt and Electro Fusion methods.
- To demonstrate the ability to join PE pipes together in line with industry standards.
- To correctly set up Butt Fusion and Electro Fusion equipment ready for operation.
- To correctly introduce PE pipe into machines to eliminate joint fault.
- To demonstrate the ability to use various machines provided.
- To apply a level of quality assurance to completed joints, to ensure suitability to carry water.
- To carry out the Butt Fusion and Electro Fusion process in accordance with Health and Safety requirements.
What qualifications will you achieve?
- This course incorporates assessment and certification under the City and Guilds Frontline Skills Framework Utilities 5831 scheme units 152 PE Pipe Butt Fusion, 154 PE Pipe Electro Fusion and 234 Service Laying Electro Fusion for PE Service Pipes and Ferrule Saddles.
How is this training delivered?
- Theory is delivered in the classroom but there is an emphasis on hands on practical application of skills to joint pipe.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Delegates should bring safety boots and safety glasses, overalls and working gloves.
- Delegates can bring with them any materials used in their work, copies of risk assessments or management systems so that they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.