A 5 day training course for all operatives and supervisors who require skills in identification, cutting, laying and jointing of water mains for self-lay organisations, water network asset owners and WIRS registered companies.
N.B. learners must have their EUSR Water SHEA and National Water Hygiene card prior to completion of the qualification.
What you will learn
A review of relevant current technical information is followed by practical demonstrations, exercises and assessments (if required) in:
- The identification of pipes and fittings.
- How to prepare the pipe bed.
- Pipe cutting and jointing methods used for ductile iron and PE.
- Laying and jointing ductile iron and PE pipes.
- Butt and electrofusion jointing methods.
- Mechanical jointing methods.
- The use of thrust blocks.
- Protective coatings and cathodic protection.
- Hygienic working practices including company specific SSOW (if required).
- Carry alterations to existing mains by the insertion of Sluice Valves, Hydrants and tees.