A 2 day training course for all operatives and supervisors who require skills in identification, cutting, repairing and restoring of water mains and services for water network asset owners and WIRS registered companies.
This is a bolt on course for those who have either already achieved or are working towards their Level 2 NCO Water in Mains and Service laying. Delegates must have their EUSR Water SHEA and National Water Hygiene card prior to completion of the qualification.
What you will learn
A review of relevant current technical information is followed by practical demonstrations, exercises and assessments (if required) in:
- How to identify the types of pipes and fittings used in mains and service repair.
- The reason that damage may have occurred.
- The uses of different pipe and fittings both mains and services.
- Use of a split collar repair clamp.
- The possible defects in pipes and fittings.
- Cleanse and flush service pipes.
- The importance of using the correct PPE.
- Protective coatings and cathodic protection.
- Hygienic working practices including company specific SSOW (if required).
- Carry alterations to existing mains by the insertion of Sluice Valves, Hydrants and tees.