A 5 day training course for all operatives and supervisors who require skills in service pipe installation including under pressure connections for self-lay organisations, water network asset owners and WIRS registered companies.
Note: Delegates must have their EUSR Water SHEA and National Water Hygiene card prior to completion of the qualification.
Read the full training overview
Not the course you are looking for? Check the categories below for our Water and Environmental training courses.
What you will learn
A review of relevant technical information is followed by practical demonstrations, exercises and assessments (if required) in:
- The characteristics of service pipe materials.
- Understanding the repair and modification of service pipes.
- Jointing of PE pipe by fusion and mechanical means.
- Jointing of copper pipe.
- Jointing of dissimilar materials.
- The installation of copper and PE service pipes.
- The normal limits of undertakers responsibility relating to service pipes.
- Identification of ferrules and saddle straps.
- The use of dual spindle drilling/tapping machines.
- Electrofusion service connections.
- The use of self-tapping ferrules, straps.
- The installation of water meters and proprietary boundary box systems.
- Current Water hygiene procedures including company specific SSOW (if required).