18th Edition Wiring Regulations update issued by the IET
17 January 2019
The IET has recently published a number of changes to BS7671:2018. The 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations (BS7671:2018) was published back in July 2018 stating that all new electrical installations will need to comply with these regulations from 1st January 2019.
The 11 changes include the following:
- Five labels oversized in Section 514.
- A new colour is now available to use to identify a functional earthing conductor.
- Update regarding alignment of a zone in Figure 701.1f to match the words detailed in Regulation 701.32.3.
- Luminaires and Lighting Installations lighting circuits in Group 1 and 2 of medical locations have been detailed.
- BS EN 60947-2 should be referenced as '2017', and not as A2:2013.
- Appendix 4 last row of the table covers 90 ºC 'thermosetting' cables, and not as thermoplastic cables.
- Amendment of temperature change to a glass fibre flexible cable in Appendix 4.
To view a full report from the IET detailing all the changes - click here.
Click here to view both our full and refresher 18th Edition training courses