skip to main content
Confined Spaces Awareness seminar

Confined Spaces Awareness seminar

Join us at our York training centre on 13 September 2017 for our Confined Spaces Awareness seminar. The event is designed to raise awareness among training managers and directors about the risks associated with confined spaces and what can be done to mitigate them.

Register for free today!×
Family of five suffers from Carbon Monoxide poisoning

Family of five suffers from Carbon Monoxide poisoning

23 November 2015

Malfunctioning boilers can be a silent killer. Only Gas Safe engineers should attempt repairs, servicing or maintenance of boiler systems.

Just this week, a landlord has been prosecuted after five residents of a rented home in Bristol were taken to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning. The incident occurred after their landlord removed the outer casing of the boiler because the ignition had stopped working; he failed to put the casing back in place.

Unaware of the risk

The tenants were unaware of the risk that this simple change posed and later that evening, all five fell ill. This week, the landlord in question has been fined nearly £4,000 for breaching regulations.

Cases like these demonstrate the dangers of gas appliances. It is important that all employers and landlords meet the legal requirements to ensure that all gas appliances are annually checked and regularly serviced.

DTL has a range of boiler and pressure systems training courses designed to meet the essential requirements for safe working procedures, specifically designed for landlords and letting agencies. For more information, please call our friendly team on 0800 876 6708 or follow this link.