First Northern Ireland training course announced
28 April 2017
Develop Training Ltd (DTL) is pleased to announce its first training course at its brand new training centre in Lisburn, Northern Ireland.
DTL will be delivering a training course on Electro/Butt Fusion of PE Pipe on 31 May 2017. The two-day course incorporates City & Guilds assessment and accreditation will provide delegates with the skills for service and mains layers to join polyethylene (PE) pipe safely using butt fusion and electro fusion techniques.
Delegates will leave with increased confidence in using Butt Fusion and Electro Fusion equipment, better able to complete and document jointing operations.
Specific learning points include:
- To state the essential elements required to make successful joints using Butt & Electro Fusion methods
- To demonstrate the ability to join PE pipes together in line with industry standards
- To correctly set up Butt Fusion & Electro Fusion equipment ready for operation
- To correctly introduce PE pipe into machines to eliminate joint fault
- To demonstrate the ability to use various machines provided
- To apply a level of quality assurance to completed joints, to ensure suitability to carry water or gas
- To carry out the Butt Fusion & Electro Fusion process in accordance with Health and Safety requirements
Variety of training in Northern Ireland
This course is the first of a wide variety of training DTL will be delivering in Northern Ireland at our new training centre in association with APP, covering areas as diverse as confined spaces, water systems, sewer classification, service and mainlaying, legionella and lots more.
If you have a specific training requirement, our friendly team will be delighted to assist you - they can be reached on 0800 876 6708.