Smart meter training now available in Swindon
04 October 2017
Develop Training Ltd (DTL) is delighted to announce that it is now delivering smart meter training at its Swindon training centre. The facility in Swindon complements DTL’s smart meter training facilities in both Derby and Linlithgow.
Smart meter installers are responsible for the installation, exchange, commission, maintenance and eventual decommissioning of smart meter systems. But with time running out for energy companies to meet the Government-set target of 50 million smart meters installed by 2020, more installers are required nationwide. In most cases, even experienced engineers require upskilling to carry out smart meter installations.
Comprehensive range of smart meter training
DTL offers a variety of smart meter training courses and supporting resources to aid employers in developing a competent, qualified and accredited workforce for the future. These include:
- Smart meter upskilling to MOCOPA (for existing gas installers)
- Upskilling to gas via Guild of Gas Fitting Operatives (GGFO) Foundation
- Upskilling for all installer levels
- Trailblazer apprenticeship (for new entrants to the industry)
- Mentoring & coaching for smart meter supervisors
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Smart Metering (for those with some relevant knowledge & skills)*
Companies including Morrison Data Services, Siemens and Energy Assets are already taking advantage of DTL’s training services in this area.
State-of-the-art training facilities
"DTL has been at the forefront of smart meter training for several years and boasts a highly qualified delivery team," said Chris Wall, Sales & Marketing Director, "We are pleased to now offer smart meter training capabilities at our Swindon facility in addition to the state-of-the-art facilities in Linlithgow and Derby, giving DTL coverage UK-wide."
Earlier this year, DTL published an in-depth report looking at the UK smart meter rollout. Download a copy for free here.
* Also available to new entrants to the industry.