Gas Foundation (F1)
This programme is the first step to becoming a domestic gas engineer. Trainees must complete this foundation course before undertaking Core Gas Safety and appliance specific training and assessment. You must also have access to the work experience you need to evidence competence, and a workplace mentor/supervisor who is fully core gas safety registered with the Gas Safe Register.
Please see below for our full training overview for Gas Foundation.
What does the programme cost?
- This is a comprehensive training programme which must be delivered to the standards required of the awarding body. It is a commitment of 175 hours or 25 days of hands on training, experience and assessment.
- The programme costs from £1995 (plus VAT/certificates fee) which on a hourly rate is less than £15 per hour of contact time.
- Complete your Gas Foundation with Develop Training and we will deliver your Appliance Assessments at half the published cost (plus VAT/certification fee).
- The price includes a free VIPER manual, lunch, parking and free WIFI.
- Call us for more information or to book your training on 0800 876 6708. If you want more information come talk with us and look at the facilities.
What qualifications will you achieve?
- Upon successful completion of the programme delegates will receive the Bpec Gas Foundation Certificate.
- Please note: It is the view of the Gas Safe Register that this course alone does not guarantee registration to new entrants to the gas industry to become sole trader gas engineers.
How is this programme delivered?
- The programme is currently delivered by day release although it can include an element of flexibility by agreement.
- You must also complete on the job work experience with your sponsor/mentor and create a portfolio of evidence of your work.
- The vast majority of our delivery is commercially driven in the Utilities and Facilities Management Sectors.
- Delegate feedback on our courses is really good and you will be training in a company that delivers hands on training to industry.
Do you need to bring anything with you?
- Delegates should bring appropriate work wear, safety footwear and safety glasses.