Team Leaders apprenticeship
A team leader/supervisor is a first line management role, with operational/project responsibilities or responsibility for managing a team to deliver a clearly defined outcome. Key responsibilities are likely to include supporting, managing and developing team members, managing projects, planning and monitoring workloads and resources, delivering operational plans, resolving problems, and building relationships internally and externally.
Roles/Occupations may include:
- Team Leader
- Project Officer
- Shift Supervisor
- Shift Manager
Please see below for our full programme overview for the Team Leader apprenticeship.
Core requirements (all roles): Knowledge
- Understanding of different leadership styles and benefits of coaching to support others.
- Appreciation of people and team management models.
- Team dynamics and motivational techniques.
- Understanding approaches to customer and stakeholder relationship management.
- Knowledge of different forms of communication and appropriate application.
Core requirements (all roles): Skills
- Ability to communicate organisation strategy and team purpose.
- Adapting style according to audience.
- Supporting, developing and motivating individuals.
- Effective negotiation and influencing.
- Conflict management.
- Sharing good practice.
- Effective communication.
- Presenting to team and management.
- Active listening.
- Adapting to change.
- Organising workload.
- Risk management.
- Project management.
- Application of organisational governance and compliance.
- Effective budgeting.
- Applying learning from feedback received.
- Create and implement personal development plan.
- Effective time management.
- Effective problem solving.
Typically 12-18 months
On completion, apprentices may choose to register as Associate members with the Chartered Management Institute and/or the Institute of Leadership & Management, to support their professional career development and progression.
Funding band: £5,000
Maths/English level required: 2
End point assessment:
- Knowledge Test
- Competency-based Interview
- Professional discussion