The course is designed to give candidates an understanding of the key features and technology involved in pipe sewer classification work.
Re-sit available on the Thursday of each Course (Subject to Availability)
Who would Benefit:
Trainee CCTV Survey Team Leaders/Rig Managers, Quality Controllers and those with little or no experience of classifying pipe sewer condition to the WRc Manual of Sewer Condition Classification - 4th edition.
- The need for, and role of sewer condition classification
- The manual of Sewer Condition Classification 4th edition
- The key features of the various categories of pipe sewer
- How to recognise and code: structural conditions; service conditions; construction features; miscellaneous details
- Pre-examination assessment test
The WRc Manual of Sewer Condition Classification - 4th edition is supplied as part of the course. A good quality colour monitor and playback facility (VHS) capable of resolving a minimum of 250 lines and having a good 'pause' facility, complete with all leads, must be brought.
The examination papers are processed and analysed by a panel including a representative from the National Sewerage Association. Candidates will be awarded a certificate if they satisfactorily complete a pipe survey to the standard laid down by the Water Industry in the WRc Manual of Sewer Condition Classification - 4th edition.