Electrical safety training including high and low voltage systems
Here you will find our most popular Electrical, Low Voltage and High Voltage training courses for Electricians, Competent Persons, Authorised Persons, Engineers and Managers, those with responsibilities for electrical, LV and HV safety and systems compliance.
Check our courses below to find the right training for you or read more about our training.
New standard for Wiring Regulations
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations 2018 (BS7671: 2018)
The standard is to be issued from July 2018. Electrical contractors and electricians will then have six months from this date to familiarise themselves with the regulations before they become mandatory for all electrical installations designed from January 2019.
Frontline Skills Framework 5831 Scheme
LV Inspection/Testing & Wiring Regulations
- Fundamental Inspection, Testing and Initial Verification, City and Guilds 2392 (ME27)
4 day course for undertaking inspections on domestic single phase system circuits and installations.
- City and Guilds 2391-50: Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations (ME91a)
4 day course to prepare candidates for the initial verification of electrical installation work.
- City and Guilds 2391-51: Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations (ME91b)
4 day course to prepare candidates for the periodic inspection and testing of existing electrical installation work.
- City and Guilds 2391-52: Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations (ME91c)
5 day course to prepare candidates for the inspection and testing of electrical installation work.
- Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations - C&G (ME94)
4 day course for initial verification of electrical installations, including inspection and testing.
- Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations (ME95)
4 day course for periodic certification of electrical installations, including inspection and testing.
- 17th Edition Wiring Regulations IET Training to Amendment 3 2015 - 3 Day (ME7-3)
3 day course for electrical engineers who design, install and maintain 17th edition electrical systems.
- 17th Edition Wiring Regulations to amendment 3 2015 IET update (ME7A)
1 day course for electrical engineers who design, install and maintain 17th edition electrical systems.
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations 2018 - REFRESHER (BS7671: 2018) (EL18-1)
1 day course designed to upgrade those who have previously completed a 17th Edition IET Wiring Regulations (3rd amendment) course.
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations 2018 (BS7671: 2018) (EL18)
3 day course for electricians, technicians and installers to display knowledge of the IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition.
- Portable Appliance Testing PAT (ME16(P))
2 day course for inspection of portable appliance testing (PAT). Compliance with statutory legislation.
HV/LV Maintenance & Safe Working
Healthcare Authorised Person
Specialist electrical high and low voltage courses
Develop Training's courses are ideal for Competent Persons, Authorised Persons, Engineers and Managers, with responsibility for Electrical High Voltage and Low Voltage systems. All of our courses reflect the latest methods, practices and legislation and provide hands-on experience on specialist equipment.
Safe systems of work for multiple sectors
Our experienced teams can also provide consultancy on safe systems of work and create bespoke programmes aligned to business procedures. Courses are suitable for all commercial sectors, as well as healthcare, including the National Health Service and, the Ministry of Defence.
Key business benefits of DTL's electrical safety training
- Reduced health and safety risks for employees and others affected by electricity at work.
- Compliance with health and safety legislation, reduces risk of prosecution and/or civil claims.
- Accredited training for all levels from operatives to office-based staff management training programmes, ensuring skilled, competent and compliant workforce.
- Continuous learning approach, with training tailored to the specific needs of individuals to maximise learning and engagement.
- Highest quality training standards, from the course content to the trainers and the learning environment.
- Automation of training management through the Learning & Assessment Portal.
- Instant and ongoing analysis of training needs, progress and effectiveness.
Compliance and accreditation for safe installation and maintenance of smart meter systems
Click here for training to skill engineers on smart metering installations