Office based skills for Team Managers and Leaders
A three day workshop involving innovative "real-play" scenarios and practical exercises designed for those who work in an office environment, and have progressed to team leader/manager and need to understand how to effectively motivate, inspire and lead their team.
Please see below for our full training overview for Office Team Manager Skills.
Benefits of attending for the delegate
- Understand the differences in people and generations.
- Understand how their leadership style can impact on their team.
- Develop skills and knowledge of different leadership styles and how to adapt these to suit the person and task.
- Develop the knowledge and skills to motivate others.
- Develop the skills and confidence to challenge un-safe behaviour.
- Develop the skills to manage conflict.
- Understand the different tools and techniques to supervise people.
Benefits of attending for the employer
- Achieve an adaptable workforce who understands how to modify their behaviour so they can relate to other individuals, internally and externally, in a more effective manner.
- Team leaders and/or supervisors understand how to use different techniques to influence and motivate others.
What you will learn
Examples of key topics that can be covered include:
- Roles and responsibilities.
- Communication - Understanding different communication styles and how to adapt your own style.
- Communicating with different generations.
- Questioning and Listening Skills.
- Situational Leadership styles – adapting behaviour.
- Building a high performing team using strengths.
- Managing change.
- Time Management.
- Managing Conflict.
- Motivating self and others.
- Being assertive to manage team conflict.
- Coaching to motivate staff.
- Giving feedback on unsatisfactory work quality.
- Changing your leadership style.
- Adapting your communication style to improve working relationships.
- How to motivate different generations.
- Managing staff during a period of change.
How is this training delivered?
- The theory of the course is delivered in the classroom but there is an emphasis on using "real play" scenarios to practice skills learned.
- We simulate real situations, with actors, to test management skills. These are observed and discussed as a group to share best practice.
- The programme can be enhanced with the addition of psychometric testing and/or post course reinforcement, projects, or follow up workshops. The programme can be built to employer specification.
What qualifications will you achieve?
- This course is accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM).