Effective business and report writing skills
Do you want to impress clients, colleagues and your competitors? Do you want to improve your written communication?
This 1 day workshop is designed to improve the quality and effectiveness of written communication with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders, with a key focus on developing effective business and report writing skills.
In today's workplace, emails and reports are the standard management tools for communicating internal and external messages. Effective reports can contribute to business success, impressing a range of stakeholders. Understanding your audience and how to use a clear structure can improve this skill and raise your profile in your working environment.
Please see below for our full training overview for Business and Report Writing Skills.
Benefits of attending for the delegate
- Understand the benefits of both speech and writing.
- Understand when formal and informal writing is relevant.
- Identify what a Report is about and who it is for.
- Plan and prepare for writing a Report.
- Identify, collect, analyse and interpret the relevant data and information correctly.
- Adopt a suitable structure for your Report.
- Write clearly and simply.
- Use graphics/visuals to enhance the Report.
- Understand how a checklist can ensure you include all the relevant information
Benefits of attending for the employer
- Impress clients, colleagues and competitors with a workforce with excellent written communication.
- Be able to better communicate internal and external messages.
What you will learn
Examples of key topics that can be covered include:
- Speech versus written.
- Formal and informal methods.
- Internal and external communication.
- What is a report and why do we write them?
- 6 Stages.
- Gathering organising the information.
- Structuring your Report.
- Writing the Report.
- Reviewing the Report.
- Printing and submitting the Report.
- What not to do.
- A Checklist to use.
- Applying your learning in the Workplace.
How is this training delivered?
- This is a classroom based course, using personal reflection to gain an understanding of the main issues.
- The workshop utilises individual and group exercises to bring the tools and techniques to life, so that they can be applied in the workplace.
What qualifications will you achieve?
- Delegates will receive a Develop Training Certificate of Attendance. If you require an accreditation, we can discuss these on an individual basis.
Delegates undertaking this course might also consider:
- These are stand-alone courses, but you may wish to consider other Management Development courses from the "effective range".
- Develop also offer a bespoke range of ILM products at Levels 3 and 5 in Leadership and Management.