Integration and Cultural Awareness for Foreign Workers
We offer 3 main types of training provision around foreign workers, and we appreciate that your needs may involve a combination of these or something completely different.
British Cultural Awareness Courses specifically for foreign workers
All our courses are tailored to meet the needs of your company and staff. You may have workers coming to the UK on assignments or longer term contracts. You may even need the worker's spouse or family to join a workshop if their relocation is more long-term.
Our cultural awareness briefings aim to minimise the negative impact of the culture shock experienced when trying to settle in a new country and ensure that your employee's time in the UK is productive and positive.
Some of the areas we cover in our workshops are as follows:
- British values: democracy, law, tolerance.
- Etiquettes, manners and taboos.
- Customs, seasonal events & festivals.
Working in your Company
- Their role in the context of your company and management structures.
- The workplace.
- Socialising and going out locally.
Doing Business in the UK
- Etiquettes and formalities.
- Sales & Negotiation.
- Customer Service.
- Conflict resolution.
- Business relationships & company culture.
One to one coaching for senior foreign staff
In addition to the group training approach, a more organisational or company culture focused cultural awareness courses may be required for foreign managers and staff who may feel they could benefit in their new roles by understanding the complexities of the British workplace. We provide a more hands on coaching approach for people who need a more work orientated way of settling in to a new company or office. This would involve guidance in cross-cultural awareness, management techniques, time management, interpersonal and communication skills.
Integrative Diversity Programmes - working together in Britain
Our special integrative diversity training programmes to workforces who have recently started working with people who have migrated from other countries. We understand that the term 'culture shock' can apply both ways. The existing workforce may be nervous about having to work with people from other countries and vice-versa.
Our integrative Diversity Courses are unique and help existing and new workers to learn about one another's cultural heritage and share their cultural/religious do's and don'ts from one another during our training programme. Most importantly, we promote an atmosphere of confidence in asking questions about another's culture or religion, as well as the confidence for a person to state the reasons why the behave or dress in a certain way if they wish. Critically, we end with the fact that they don't have to know everything about another culture in order to work together professionally, and offense should not be taken if co-workers have a limited knowledge about your particular, culture, religion or orientation.
This is a fun, interactive course which builds trust and confidence between the participants where they leave with a much clearer understanding of one another. Some people have referred to it as a Diversity and team Building Programme.
Please see below for our full training overview for Integration of Foreign Workers.
Benefits of attending for the delegate
- Speeds up the settling-in time and eases the process for foreign workers.
- Gives you happier and more motivated workers who are less daunted about working here.
- Builds the confidence of your foreign workers and promotes good relationships in the office.
- The fear of making saying or doing something that might offend is avoided.
- Gain a firm understanding your company's Diversity policy.
- Learn how to apply your company's Diversity policy to their specific roles.
- Examine the diversity issues that may affect them in their roles and how to deal effectively with them.
- Address any diversity issues or questions that employees may have.
Benefits of attending for the employer
- The course will help your existing and foreign employees to work together effectively whilst working to their own strengths and achieving their targets/goals.
How is this training delivered?
- This is a classroom based course. Using employee's personal experiences to gain an understanding of the main issues, the workshop utilises individual and group exercises to relate your company's diversity policy to employee's own jobs so they can easily be applied on a day to day basis.
What qualifications will you achieve?
- Delegates will receive a Develop Training Certificate of Attendance. If you require an accreditation, we can discuss these on an individual basis.
Delegates undertaking this course might also consider:
- These are stand-alone courses, but you may wish to consider other bespoke Diversity Training programmes from this range.