Workshops to put Diversity into Practice
Our short diversity workshops and courses cover a wide number of topics and may be delivered as part of an induction programme, or as a more detailed 1-2 day course.
Please see below for our full training overview for Diversity Practice Workshops.
Benefits of attending for the delegate
- Gain a firm understanding your company's Diversity policy.
- Learn how to apply your company's Diversity policy to their specific roles.
- Examine the diversity issues that may affect them in their roles and how to deal effectively with them.
- Address any diversity issues or questions that employees may have.
Benefits of attending for the employer
- The course will help your employees to work together effectively whilst working to their own strengths and achieving their targets/goals.
What you will learn
Examples of key topics that can be covered include:
- An introduction to the concepts of diversity, equality & equal opportunities.
- An explanation of why diversity is important.
- Overview of Legislation (direct and indirect).
- The Equality Act and legal liability.
- Introducing your company's diversity, equality & equal opportunities policy.
- Zero tolerance of stereotyping, prejudice, bullying and harassment.
- Challenging unacceptable behaviour.
- Professionalism, fairness and focus on your job and goals.
- Evaluation and conclusions.
How is this training delivered?
- This is a classroom based course. Using employee's personal experiences to gain an understanding of the main issues, the workshop utilises individual and group exercises to relate your company's diversity policy to employee's own jobs so they can easily be applied on a day to day basis.
What qualifications will you achieve?
- Delegates will receive a Develop Training Certificate of Attendance. If you require an accreditation, we can discuss these on an individual basis.
Delegates undertaking this course might also consider:
- These are stand-alone courses, but you may wish to consider other bespoke Diversity Training programmes from this range.