ILM Level 3 Award for Management Skills and Capabilities
The Level 3 Award, Certificate and Diploma in Leadership and Management is ideal for individuals who have management responsibilities, but no formal training, and are looking to develop their management skills and capabilities. Particularly supports practising team leaders seeking to move up to the next level of management, and managers who need to lead people though organisational change, budget cuts or other pressures.
These programmes vary in length depending on the qualification, from 6 to 18 months. The ILM do however stipulate that the qualification must be completed within 3 years.
Please see below for our full training overview for Management Skills and Capabilities.
Benefits of attending for the delegate
- Gain a range of key management skills and put them into practice in their own role.
- Build their leadership capabilities - motivate and engage teams, manage relationships confidently.
- Develop their leadership and management skills using their own knowledge, values and motivations.
Benefits of attending for the employer
- Effective and confident first-line managers.
- Better relationships and communication in teams.
- Proven skills - to get this qualification, managers will need to show that they can transfer their new skills to your organisation.
- Managers with the tools to develop their own skills and abilities.
What you will learn
- Giving Briefings and Making Presentations.
- Induction and Setting the Scene.
- Solving Problems and Making Decisions.
- Understanding Costs and Budgets in an Organisation.
- Understanding how to Motivate to Improve Performance.
- Understanding Leadership.
- Understanding Organising and Delegating in the Workplace.
- Planning and Allocating Work.
- Understanding the Communication Process in the Workplace.
- Understanding Training and Coaching in the Workplace.
What qualifications will you achieve?
- ILM Level 3 Award or Certificate.
How is this training delivered?
- The qualifications are made up of a wide range of units covering core management skills - such as understanding how to organise and delegate - plus skills in communication, team leadership, change, innovation and managing people and relationships. This flexibility in unit choice allows the qualification to be tailored to meet the needs of the individual and employer.
- These are tutor led classroom based tutorials. There are also set written Assignments for each unit. Delegates are expected to use work-based examples to answer the set criteria which are then marked and internally verified by Develop Training staff. ILM also conduct external verification on a regular basis.
Delegates undertaking this course might also consider:
- These are stand-alone courses, but you may wish to consider other Management Development Training from the "effective range".
- Develop also offer a bespoke range of ILM products at Level 5 in Leadership and Management.