Developing Skills and Knowledge of Operatives
How do your operatives communicate with each other? Could it be improved? What about their customer service skills, do they need honing?
A 1 day workshop involving innovative "real-play" scenarios and practical exercises designed to improve confidence and develop a better understanding of others. It is for anyone in a technical role, who is based out on site 100% of the time, designed for those who work in an operational environment, with no management responsibilities.
The workshop provides the opportunity for delegates to understand how to understand others in order to quickly build rapport with customers and colleagues. By using a variety of training methods delegates will learn new skills and produce a personal action plan to implement in their own workplace.
Please see below for our full training overview for Operative Skills.
Benefits of attending for the delegate
- Understand how their own communication style affects others.
- Develop different approaches for different people.
- Understand the differences between aggressive, passive and assertive behaviour.
- Understand how conflict can arise and how to manage it.
- Identify their own attitude to risk and safety.
- Create a personal action plan to take back to the workplace.
Benefits of attending for the employer
- Achieve an adaptable workforce who understands how to modify their behaviour so they can relate to other individuals, internally and externally in a more effective manner.
What you will learn
Examples of key topics that can be covered include:
- Learning Styles.
- Communication styles.
- Different generations and motivators.
- Knowledge, skill and attitude.
- Handling conflict and difficult situations.
- Attitudes to risk and safety.
How is this training delivered?
- The theory of the course is delivered in the classroom, but there is an emphasis on using "real play" scenarios to practice the skills learned.
- We simulate real situations, with actors, to test communication skills. These are observed and discussed as a group to share best practice.
- The programme can be enhanced with the addition of psychometric testing and/or post course reinforcement, projects, or follow up workshops. The programme can be built to employer specification.
What qualifications will you achieve?
- This course is accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM).
Do you need to bring anything with you?
- Delegates are required to bring to bring their basic PPE with them - Hi-Vis jacket; safety boots; safety glasses; hard hat.
Delegates undertaking this course might also consider:
- These are stand-alone courses, but you may wish to consider other Management Development courses from the "effective range".
- Develop also offer a bespoke range of ILM products at Levels 3 and 5 in Leadership and Management.