Improving the Skills of Team Leaders and Supervisors
Do you need to understand how to motivate and inspire your team? Could you improve your communication skills?
A 2 day workshop involving innovative "real-play" scenarios and practical exercises designed for those who work in a technical role within an operational environment, and have progressed to Team Leader/Supervisor.
This workshop provides the opportunity for delegates to understand how to manage teams, by using a variety of training methods. Delegates will learn new skills in a safe environment.
Please see below for our full training overview for Team Leader and Supervisor Skills.
Benefits of attending for the delegate
- Understand the differences in people and generations.
- Understand how their leadership style can impact on their team.
- Develop skills and knowledge of different leadership styles and how to adapt these to suit the person and task.
- Develop the knowledge and skills to motivate others.
- Develop the skills and confidence to challenge un-safe behaviour.
- Develop the skills to manage conflict.
- Understand the different tools and techniques to supervise people.
Benefits of attending for the employer
- Achieve an adaptable workforce who understands how to modify their behaviour so they can relate to other individuals, internally and externally, in a more effective manner.
- Team leaders and/or supervisors understand how to use different techniques to influence and motivate others.
What you will learn
Examples of key topics that can be covered include:
- Teams and how they are formed.
- Roles and responsibilities.
- Leading by example.
- Communication styles.
- Developing others.
- Skill/Will matrix.
- Questioning and listening skills.
- Observation skills.
- Effective and Efficient.
How is this training delivered?
- The theory of the course is delivered in the classroom but there is an emphasis on using "real play" scenarios to practice skills learned.
- We simulate real situations, with actors, to test management skills. These are observed and discussed as a group to share best practice.
- The programme can be enhanced with the addition of psychometric testing and/or post course reinforcement, projects, or follow up workshops. The programme can be built to employer specification.
What qualifications will you achieve?
- This course is accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM).
Do you need to bring anything with you?
- Delegates are required to bring to bring their basic PPE with them - Hi-Vis jacket; safety boots; safety glasses; hard hat.
Delegates undertaking this course might also consider:
- These are stand-alone courses, but you may wish to consider other Management Development courses from the "effective range".
- Develop also offer a bespoke range of ILM products at Levels 3 and 5 in Leadership and Management.