Communication techniques and skills to influence others
Do you wonder why you can get some people to do things, but not others? Who can influence you, and why? Do you have to persuade and influence others in your job?
A 1 day workshop designed to help you develop the tools, techniques and skills to be more influential in the workplace.
Please see below for our full training overview for Communication Skills for Influencing Others.
Benefits of attending for the delegate
- Understand the difference between influence, persuasion and power.
- Describe what manipulation is.
- Describe different sources of power.
- Understand the relationship between power and influence.
- Detail the different strategies for effective influencing.
- Understand different motivators of people.
- Develop a range of influencing styles.
Benefits of attending for the employer
- The Influencing skills Workshop will benefit managers, team leaders, supervisors, sales people, and anyone who needs to influence people in their work environment.
What you will learn.
Examples of key topics that can be covered include:
- Assessment of your own influencing style.
- What makes you a successful influencer?
- Different sources of power
- Influencing strategies
- Adapting your own natural style.
- Emotional intelligence.
How is this training delivered?
- This workshop provides the opportunity for delegates to participate in practical exercises to develop influencing and persuasion skills that can then be applied in the workplace.
What qualifications will you achieve?
- Delegates will receive a Develop Training Certificate of Attendance. If you require an accreditation, we can discuss these on an individual basis.
Delegates undertaking this course might also consider:
- These are stand-alone courses, but you may wish to consider other Management Development courses from the "effective range".
- Develop also offer a bespoke range of ILM products at Levels 3 and 5 in Leadership and Management.