Communication skills for understanding yourself and others
Do you wonder why you get on with some people easier than others? Why you sometimes do you not understand what some people mean?
A 1 day workshop created to help you understand your own communication style and how to adapt it to be more effective at building rapport with colleagues and clients. Understanding your own behaviour is the first step on the road to effective communication.
This workshop provides the opportunity for delegates to discuss, in a confidential setting, how they currently relate to others, it also provides practical skills so that delegates understand how to modify their behaviour so they can relate to other individuals in a more effective manner.
Please see below for our full training overview for Communication Skills for Understanding Yourself.
Benefits of attending for the delegate
- Explain what clear communication looks like.
- Describe the four different communication styles.
- Understand your own communication style.
- Explain how to adapt your style in order to build rapport more easily.
- Understand different learning styles and how they can aid style identification.
- Describe the Communication process.
- Understand the barriers to effective communication and how to overcome them.
- Develop effective questioning and listening skills.
Benefits of attending for the employer
- Achieve an adoptable workforce who understands how to modify their behaviour so they can relate to other individuals in a more effective manner.
What you will learn
Examples of key topics that can be covered include:
- Communication styles.
- Adapting your style.
- Perceptions, stereotypes.
- Communication process.
- Barriers to effective communication.
- Questioning skills.
- Listening skills.
- Learning styles.
How is this training delivered?
- This is a classroom based course.
- Using personal reflection, the Workshop utilises individual and group exercises to bring the tools and techniques to life, so that they can be applied in the Workplace and also in your personal and social life.
What qualifications will you achieve?
- Delegates will receive a Develop Training Certificate of Attendance. If you require an accreditation, we can discuss these on an individual basis.
Delegates undertaking this course might also consider:
- These are stand-alone courses, but you may wish to consider other Management Development courses from the "effective range".
- Develop also offer a bespoke range of ILM products at Levels 3 and 5 in Leadership and Management.