Awareness and skills for conflict management
Do you find it difficult to put over your own point of view? Do you want to be more assertive in challenging situations?
An interactive 1 day workshop created to raise awareness of conflict management and increase confidence and effectiveness when dealing with angry, irate and distressed individuals. This workshop will introduce tools and techniques that you can apply in the workplace to avoid, diffuse and resolve conflict.
Please see below for our full training overview for Conflict Management Skills.
Benefits of attending for the delegate
- Define Conflict and its main causes.
- Know how to avoid Conflict when dealing with complaints.
- Describe ways to improve the use of language and communication styles to avoid Conflict.
- Understand the difference between Aggressive, Passive and Assertive behaviour.
- Identify different approaches that can be used to manage Conflict and Complaints.
- Identify opportunities for developing a personal strategy to manage Conflict and Complaints.
Benefits of attending for the employer
- Encounter less conflict with internal staff or members of the public.
- Have a Workplace that avoid, diffuse and resolve conflict.
What you will learn
Examples of key topics that can be covered included:
- Anatomy of Conflict.
- Values and Beliefs.
- Impact of Behaviour on Communication.
- Conflict Styles.
- Workplace scenarios.
- Applying your learning in the Workplace.
- Learning Review.
How is this training delivered?
- This is a classroom based course, using interactive sessions and personal reflection.
- The workshop utilises individual and group exercises to bring the tools and techniques to life so that they can be applied in the Workplace.
What qualifications will you achieve?
- Delegates will receive a Develop Training Certificate of Attendance. If you require an accreditation, we can discuss these on an individual basis.
Delegates undertaking this course might also consider:
- These are stand-alone courses, but you may wish to consider other Management Development courses from the "effective range".
- Develop also offer a bespoke range of ILM products at Levels 3 and 5 in Leadership and Management.