An Introduction to Effective Customer Service
Do you want to understand customer needs and exceed their expectations? Would you like to improve how you deal with complaints? Can you relate to different generations as well as you could?
A 1 day workshop created to improve the quality and effectiveness of customer service, by building excellent customer care skill across your workforce.
In today's workplace, we are measured on how we work with our customers, so understanding good practice in customer care will increase your key performance indicators. This workshop will benefit anyone who wants to improve the quality and effectiveness of customer service within their own area of responsibility.
Please see below for our full training overview for Customer Service.
Benefits of attending for the delegate
- Understand the benefits of both speech and writing.
- Understand when formal and informal writing is relevant.
- Identify what a Report is about and who it is for.
- Plan and prepare for writing a Report.
- Identify, collect, analyse and interpret the relevant data and information correctly.
- Adopt a suitable structure for your Report.
- Write clearly and simply.
- Use graphics/visuals to enhance the Report.
- Understand how a checklist can ensure you include all the relevant information.
Benefits of attending for the employer
- Impress customers with a workforce with excellent customer care skills.
- Staff who can effectively communicate to both internal and external customers.
- Increase your key performance indicators.
What you will learn
Examples of key topics that can be covered include:
- Responsibility and authority.
- Understanding different types/generations of customers.
- Building effective relationships.
- Identifying needs and gaining commitment.
- Questioning and Listening skills.
- Exceeding expectations.
- Handling complaints.
- Understanding Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Measuring customer satisfaction.
- Key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Data protection and confidentiality.
How is this training delivered?
- This is a classroom based course, using personal experiences to gain an understanding of the main issues.
- The workshop utilises individual and group exercises and case studies to bring the tools and techniques to life, so that they can be applied in the Workplace.
What qualifications will you achieve?
- Delegates will receive a Develop Training Certificate of Attendance.
- If you require an accreditation, we can discuss these on an individual basis.
Delegates undertaking this course might also consider:
- These are stand-alone courses, but you may wish to consider other Management Development courses from the "effective range".
- Develop also offer a bespoke range of ILM products at Levels 3 and 5 in Leadership and Management.