Deliver performance appraisals that will help your business
Are your appraisals not as effective as they could be? Would you like to be able to motivate and develop your staff more effectively?
A practical 1 day workshop developed to help team leaders and managers deliver performance appraisals that are not just a tick box exercise, but are instead a meaningful and worthwhile activity for both manager and employee. The workshop is designed for anyone who is responsible for appraising and reviewing the performance of their staff, it could also benefit anyone who implements an appraisal system.
Note: This course can be tailored for companies to include their specific appraisal content.
Please see below for our full training overview for Performance Appraisal.
Benefits of attending for the delegate
- Understand why we appraise.
- Describe how to work to a framework for an Appraisal.
- Understand the importance of preparation.
- Have knowledge of conducting an effective two-way meeting by building rapport and good use of questioning and listening skills.
- Describe how to deal with difficult situations.
- Develop simple reporting and communication systems.
Benefits of attending for the employer
- The ability to motivate and develop your staff more effectively.
What you will learn
Examples of key topics that can be covered include:
- Benefits of an appraisal system.
- Behaviour versus intention.
- Preparing for an appraisal.
- Structuring an appraisal meeting.
- Conducting an appraisal.
- Handling difficult situations.
- Setting SMART objectives.
- Questioning and Listening techniques.
- Providing feedback.
- Coaching process.
How is this training delivered?
- This is a classroom based course.
- Using individual and group exercises, the workshop brings the tools and techniques to life, so they can be applied in the Workplace.
What qualifications will you achieve?
- Delegates will receive a Develop Training Certificate of Attendance. If you require an accreditation, we can discuss these on an individual basis.
Delegates undertaking this course might also consider:
- These are stand-alone courses, but you may wish to consider other Management Development courses from the "effective range".
- Develop also offer a bespoke range of ILM products at Levels 3 and 5 in Leadership and Management.