Techniques and Skills for Delivering Training to Groups
Do you need to design and deliver effective training workshops? Do you want to know how people learn more effectively?
A 3 day participative workshop (or 3 x 1 day workshops), which is ideal for anyone who is responsible for designing and delivering theoretical information to groups of people, through interactive training sessions.
The workshop is informal and highly participative and welcomes lively discussion and the sharing of ideas. It provides a safe environment to learn the tools and techniques that can then be applied in the workplace.
Please see below for our full training overview for Train the Trainer.
Benefits of attending for the delegate
- Select training methods that support each of the Learning Styles.
- Understand how to maximise Learner's ability to absorb and recall information.
- Recognise and influence how the group are getting on and working together.
- Describe the benefits of learner centred training.
- Differentiate between knowledge, skills and attitude.
- Select the right participative training method to meet a learning objective.
- Brief, run and de-brief - discussion; games; case study; role-play; syndicates/buzz groups/pairs effectively.
- Understand how to evaluate a training intervention.
Benefits of attending for the employer
- More effective training interventions.
- Happier delegates and trainers.
What you will learn
Examples of key topics that can be covered include:
- Learning styles.
- Your own style.
- Human brain processes and how we store information.
- Knowledge, skill and attitude.
- Handling difficult situations.
- Self-assessment and feedback.
- Practical use of tools - Flipcharts; PowerPoint; YouTube; TED talks.
- Various participative methods.
- Evaluation techniques.
How is this training delivered?
- This is a classroom based course.
- The workshop utilises individual and group exercises to share ideas and to allow you to practice new skills that can then be applied in the workplace.
What qualifications will you achieve?
- Delegates will receive a Develop Training Certificate of Attendance.
- If you require an accreditation, we can discuss these on an individual basis.
Delegates undertaking this course might also consider:
- These are stand-alone courses, but you may wish to consider other Management Development courses from the "effective range".
- Develop also offer a bespoke range of ILM products at Levels 3 and 5 in Leadership and Management.