11 September 2023 News
Gas Safety Week is happening from September 11th to 17th, 2023, and it’s all about keeping you and your loved ones safe when it comes to gas.
We’re Develop Training, the UK’s leading provider of Compliance, Technical, and Safety training, and we’re fully behind the Gas Safety Week message for 2023.
Gas is a crucial part of many homes, so here are some easy tips to help you stay gas safe:
- Get a Carbon Monoxide Detector: This is one of the simplest things you can do to protect your family. Carbon monoxide is a silent and odourless killer, but these detectors will alert you when it’s in the air.
- Watch for Warning Signs: If anything seems strange, like unusual smells, warning lights, or alarms, don’t hesitate to call a Gas Safe registered engineer. It’s always better to be safe than sorry. You can find a Gas Safe Registered Engineer here.
- Check Your Engineer: Before letting anyone work on your gas appliances, make sure they’re on the Gas Safe Register. You can easily verify this using their 7-digit license number, found on their Gas Safe ID card. Then simply place it here. It is an all too common occurrence to see incidents involving gas making the headlines – to read about a recent case of this, take a look at our most recent news article here.
- New Home Precautions: If you’re moving into a new home, ask the previous owners for paperwork about gas appliances. It’s also a good idea to have them tested for safety.
- Regular Appliance Checks: Save money and avoid serious problems by getting your gas appliances checked regularly. This ensures they run efficiently and safely, preventing leaks, fires, or health issues.
These five tips are your ticket to a gas-safe home. For more information on Gas Safety Week, visit the Gas Safe Register website. And if you’re interested in our domestic and commercial gas training courses, take a look here. on our website.