Maintenance Operations Trainer/Assessor (Mechanical)
Associate opportunity in Derby.
Salary to be negotiated.
N.B. The successful associate will be required to undertake a criminal record check as part of our safeguarding duty and every 3 years thereafter.
In a part-time role, the successful applicant will:
- deliver mechanical engineering training to the highest possible standard expected at Develop Training Limited to our Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician (MOET) apprenticeship group.
- work closely with the Group Training Manager to ensure timely progress for all apprentices is made.
- where needed, carry out the work-based assessment as well as in-class delivery.
- work with learners, clients and colleagues to ensure that all training is effective and delivers positive outcomes in accordance with awarding bodies requirements.
- monitor and promote the health, safety and welfare of the learners and act accordingly where issues are identified.
- act as a mentor and role model for these groups of learners and operate in a highly professional manner.
Skills, knowledge and experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Level 3 Maintenance (Mechanical) qualification.
- at least 5 years industry experience.
- minimum Award in Education and Training (Certificate although the Diploma is preferred).
- minimum Level 3 Assessor Award qualification (IQA qualification preferred).
- full UK driving licence.
- Level 2 Mathematics and English.
- computer literacy e.g. PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- a good understanding of the MOET apprenticeship standard programme.
- an understanding of the Education Inspection Framework 2019.
- training relevant to our mechanical commercial offering - F-Gas and/or Mechanical Systems
The candidate will be:
- able to engage with all types of learners.
- highly organised and able to multitask.
- people orientated and approachable.
- excellent at presenting and assessing learning.
- professionally presented.
- willing to work away from home occasionally.
The candidate will have experience in:
- a mechanical discipline such as fitting, welding, pneumatics or hydraulics or machining.
- problem solving.
- following specifications and drawings.
Register your interest
If you wish to register your interest or discuss further, please contact us at email@example.com, Develop Training Limited, HR Department, Derby Training Centre, Ascot Drive, Derby DE24 8GW or 01332 253546 for more details.
Develop Training is the UK's leading accredited provider of Compliance, Technical, and Safety training. We support over 7,000 firms with their training needs and our clients include some of the UK's largest and best-known organisations from the Utilities and Construction, Defence, Healthcare, Facilities Management, and Telecommunication sectors.
Develop is an equal opportunities provider and we are committed to the safeguarding of all our employees, associates and learners.