Technician Assessor – Street Works, Trench Support and Confined Spaces
Full-time employment in Derby.
Salary up to £23,000 per annum, plus company vehicle.
N.B. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a criminal record check as part of our safeguarding duty and every 3 years thereafter.
Following training you will:
- Oversea the security and maintenance of plant, tools, materials & equipment
- Plan and oversee the development of training equipment as needed in development
- Support practical training and assessment to support the training delivery team and GTM
- Carry out general maintenance and undertake small improvement projects
- To effectively plan the work schedule liaising with the delivery and planning team
- Manage delivery and collection of course equipment, tools plant and machinery
- Ensure the hire and off hire of plant and equipment and manage paperwork with finance department
- Collaborate with other colleagues to ensure the smooth movement of plant and course equipment
- Ensure designated training areas are always managed appropriately and kept safe and tidy
- Undertake further training and CPD which better supports the needs of the training department
- Adhere to and understand the Health and Safety Policy and Procedures aligned to role
Skills, knowledge and experience
In order to be considered for the position, you will possess the following:
- Minimum Level 3 Qualification in Street Works, Trench Support and Confined Spaces
- At least 3 years industry experience within Street Works, Trench Support and Confined Spaces Industry
- Full UK driving licence
- Able to spend nights away from home as business needs dictate to support business delivery
- Able to work extra hours when required
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have a positive attitude towards work
Knowledge and experience of:
- Provide specialist technical support which underpins the quality of teaching, learning and assessment aligned to their specific skillset
It would be desirable to have:
- Hold or be able to gain an assessor’s qualification (TAQA3)
All applicants must be:
- able to engage with all types of learners
- highly organised and able to multitask
- people orientated and approachable
- excellent at presenting information
- professionally presented
- able to act as a front line ambassador for Develop and its values
- able to work as a part of the team, and be able to work using own initiative
Register your interest
If you wish to register your interest or discuss further, please contact us at email@example.com, Develop Training Limited, HR Department, Derby Training Centre, Ascot Drive, Derby DE24 8GW or 01332 253546 for more details.
Develop Training is the UK's leading accredited provider of Compliance, Technical, and Safety training. We support over 7,000 firms with their training needs and our clients include some of the UK's largest and best-known organisations from the Utilities and Construction, Defence, Healthcare, Facilities Management, and Telecommunication sectors.
Develop is an equal opportunities provider and we are committed to the safeguarding of all our employees, associates and learners.