We have reviewed the latest guidance and relaxation of lockdown restrictions and we have made the decision to continue to relax restrictions within Develop's training centres but with a cautious and common-sense approach. The safety of our employees and visitors remains our focus throughout this time and we will continue to review the latest government announcements to make any further adjustments as appropriate.
What does this mean in practice?
From Monday 19th July [in England*] the following COVID restrictions will apply:
- We are removing the requirement for face coverings within our training centres. There may still remain circumstances where our trainers request their use and we would ask all delegates to continue to bring their own face covering. Anyone is welcome to wear a face covering as a matter of preference at any time.
- We are removing the requirement for specified social distancing in classrooms with the emphasis on people feeling comfortable within the space. Adequate ventilation will remain a priority and no classroom will be overcrowded.
The following measures will remain:
- We will continue to keep contact between classes to a minimum. This will be reviewed again on the 16th August when the self-isolation guidance is again reviewed by government.
- We will continue to serve refreshments in classrooms until we review this again on the 16th August.
- We will still encourage common sense good practices, the use of ventilation, space and good hygiene to reduce transmission.
- We will continue to encourage all employees and delegates to take advantage of the governments free Lateral Flow Testing kits.
[*in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland we will follow the devolved government guidance for the use of face coverings and/or social distancing]