N.B. This is a Blended learning course - Click here for in-Centre training
A 2 day blended learning course for practicing electricians to gain an understanding of the IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment (4th edition), covering legislation, design, selection and commissioning of the final installation.
This course covers all the key skills to install, fault find and inspect and test electric vehicle charging points.
There are no formal requirements for this course however the course is intended for practicing electricians so delegates should have a thorough understanding of:
- Electrical installation techniques.
- Inspection and testing of electrical installations.
- 18th Edition Wiring regulations BS7671.
If not, we recommend the following courses are taken prior to taking this training:
What you will learn
Delegates will be taught how to design, specify, install, fault find, test and inspect electric vehicle charging points for the domestic, commercial and industrial sectors.
- How to install electric vehicle charging equipment for domestic locations.
- Application of statutory legislation.
- Applicable installation and earthing methods.
- Completion of suitable installation risk assessment as required by the Code of Practice.
- Calculating system design and installation requirements.
- The testing and commissioning of the installation.