Confined Space Entry and Escape Breathing Apparatus (CSBA)
Course for individuals who need an understanding of the hazards associated with low or medium risk confined spaces and who may plan, enter, work in and exit confined spaces using escape set breathing apparatus (either open or closed circuit).
1 day course
Benefits for the learner
- A better understanding of safety and the assessment of risk, and the avoidance of harm to you and those around you.
- Greater confidence to work in confined spaces.
- Greater confidence to identify and stop unsafe actions and knowledge of using confined space breathing apparatus equipment.
Benefits for the employer
- The avoidance of serious injury and major harm to employees and evidence towards competence of employees.
- Employees feel they can make a greater contribution to the workplace and that their employer has made an investment in their future.
What you’ll learn on this course
- To appreciate the risks associated with entering a confined space and relevant legislation.
- Awareness of the procedures for entering a confined space and the equipment and systems required to do so safely.
- Awareness of using escape set breathing apparatus, how confined space breathing equipment works and the checks you will complete to keep you safe (refer to our guidance about practical exercises and working with breathing apparatus).
What do I need to bring with Me?
- Learners should bring their own safety footwear, waterproof clothing, high visibility vest/clothing, hard hat and working gloves for the practical exercises.
- We have a selection of harnesses but please bring your own harness if you wish.
- Learners can bring with them any materials used by their own employer, copies of risk assessments or permits to work so that they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.
How is the training delivered?
- The theory is delivered in the classroom, but there is emphasis on a hands-on experience, with a practical exercise and assessment incorporating tripods, winches/fall arrest retrieval units, harnesses, gas monitors, and escape set breathing apparatus.
- You will receive a certificate of attendance from Develop Training Limited.
August 2020 - Bruce Davies
Taught to the level we require.
August 2020 - Gary Robinson
Lecturer was very entertaining and came across very well and put everyone at ease.
March 2020 - Richard Gandeborn
The instructor was very understanding and happy to help with any problems or concerns raised. Furthermore he explained things well
March 2020 - Jeffrey Jones
It was well focussed to the objective at hand
March 2020 - James Lawton
The practical element
March 2020 - Course Fee
- Do not assume anything when it is about safety. Do not be shy is asking again if something not clear.
January 2020 - Andrew Kew
the practical exercise
January 2020 - Chris Mitchell
The practical asessment
December 2019 - Martin Cryer
The practical side.
November 2019 - Don Jackson
Presentation was good, and the lecturer gave good examples of situations, that we could relate to.
November 2019 - Tim Batt
well paced informal
October 2019 - Stephen Leatherby
general atmosphere of the group was informal etc.
October 2019 - Keith Sandell
Learning things not in your regular job.
October 2019 - Dan Brown
Hands on training, eg, going down the pit.
September 2019 - Andy Waldron
Lecturuer was very good.