Level 2 Award in Working in Low Risk Confined Spaces (CS-01)
Course for persons who enter low risk confined spaces incorporating entry requirements and self-rescue procedures. It is for persons who may need to demonstrate confined spaces risk assessment qualifications towards competence in such a confined space entry.
Please note the maximum safe working loads for our equipment is 136 kilograms. If a learner weighs more than this, please call us for your options.
1 day course
Benefits for the learner
- Better planning for confined space entry and preparedness in emergencies, to help keep you and others around you safe.
- This course is a stepping stone towards gaining qualifications with higher levels of confined space risk, and towards supervision of or management of confined space entry.
Benefits for the employer
- The avoidance of serious injury and major harm to employees and evidence of assessment and qualifications towards competence of employees.
- Employees who feel they can make a greater contribution to the workplace and who feel their employer has made an investment in their future.
What you’ll learn on this course
- Risk assessment of confined space hazards.
- Types of gaseous atmospheres, portable gas monitoring equipment and their use.
- The use of harness tripod, man-riding winch/fall arrest and safety lines.
- Emergency preparedness and procedures.
What do I need to bring with Me?
- Learners should bring their own safety footwear, waterproof clothing, high visibility vest/clothing, hard hat and working gloves for the practical exercises. We have a selection of harnesses but please bring your own harness if you wish.
- Learners can bring with them any materials used by their own employer, copies of risk assessments or permits to work so that they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.
How is the training delivered?
- The theory of this course is delivered in the classroom, but there is an emphasis on a hands-on experience with the equipment; tripods, winches/fall arrest retrieval units, harnesses, gas monitors.
- Assessment focuses on learners planning a confined space entry, undertaking written and oral tests and being observed during practical assessments in order to achieve an accredited certificate.
- This course incorporates assessment and certification under the CABWI Level 2 Award in Working in Low Risk Confined Spaces (Ofqual Ref: 601/2975/X)
- Learners/Customers may opt out of the full certification process if they require a certificate of attendance only.
July 2023 - Andy toone
A fantastic day. Learned so much.