Authorising Engineer (MS1)
Course for learners who have been selected for appointment as co-ordinating authorising engineer's (CAE's), AE's, 4C's managers or (MOD/DE) PPTL project managers and those required to superintend or audit work activities relating to or involving significant risk activities on the MOD estate. Learners attending this course, who are to be appointed as AE's under the MOD Safety Rules, should be in possession of a completed and countersigned log book.
2 day course
Benefits for the learner
- A greater understanding of the role of an authorising engineer and confidence to manage safety systems.
Benefits for the employer
- Compliance with legislation and MOD Safety Systems.
- An independent recommendation of suitability as an Authorising Engineer.
- Better documentation, communication and enforcement of safe working procedures.
What you’ll learn on this course
- An introduction to Joint Service Publication (JSP) 815, The Defence Environment and Safety Management Manual, and JSP 375 (The MOD) Health & Safety Handbook and the Safety Management System applied universally across the Defence Estate. In particular the structure and Management of Safe Systems of Work for significant risk activities (as per JSP 375 Volume 3).
- An introduction to relevant Health & Safety legislation within the UK.
- The need for Safety Management Systems.
- The Structure, Roles and Responsibilities of Authorising and Authorised Person's within the (MOD) Safety Management System.
- Behaviour Based Safety, and the Selection, Evaluation and Appointment of Authorising and Authorised Person's.
- Training requirements for new and in service AE's, AP's and SKP's.
- AE Focal Point Duties including Incident and Accident Investigation, Competence Assessment, Monitoring and Auditing.
What do I need to bring with Me?
- Learners on the course can bring with them any materials used in their work, copies of risk assessments or management systems so that they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.
How is the training delivered?
- The theory of the course is delivered in the classroom, but wherever possible practical examples are used to illustrate the duties of an Authorised Engineer.
- You will receive a certificate of attendance from Develop Training Limited.