Authorised Person: High Voltage (Healthcare) Refresher (AP7)
Course for authorised persons high voltage who have a mandatory requirement to complete refresher training to remain eligible for continued appointment. Learners should have previously attended the Authorised Person: High Voltage (Healthcare) course.
5 day course
Benefits for the learner
- Continuous professional development, continued understanding and compliance with legislation.
- Better communication with colleagues. Coaching from highly experienced trainers and the opportunity to meet and interact with other AP's and AE's.
Benefits for the employer
- Continued compliance with legislation.
- An independent recommendation of suitability as an Authorised Person.
- Better documentation, communication and enforcement of safe working procedures.
What you’ll learn on this course
- Requirements of statutory regulation/legislation. HTM 06-03 Safety Rules and Procedures.
- HV switchgear and its operation and maintenance.
- Electrical distribution equipment and its operation and maintenance.
- Application of Electricity Safety Regulations to HV ring and radial distribution systems.
- Issue of Permits, Sanctions and limitations of access.
- Operating records and documentation.
What do I need to bring with Me?
- Learners should bring their AP's logbook for update.
- Learners can bring with them any materials used by their own employer, copies of risk assessments or management systems so that they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.
- Learners should bring safety boots and safety glasses, and waterproof clothing for outdoor practical exercises.
How is the training delivered?
- Learners complete practical exercises that involve the management, application and control of documentation.
- Learners are continually assessed, both in written and practical exercises, and there are opportunities to work with a wide range of equipment that will support their knowledge in the field.
- This course can be intense, it includes evening work, both the reading of course materials and completion of projects.
- This course incorporates assessment and certification under the City and Guilds Accredited Scheme.
- The output from this course is a recommendation to support an Authorising Engineer's decision when considering the appointment of Authorised Person's.
January 2024 - Terence Close
Al Katib is a fantastic trainer. His knowledge, experience and personality make the whole process very enjoyable
February 2022 - Frankie Glennon
Al is brilliant
September 2021 - Stephen Knox
Brilliant! Al is a great teacher and enjoyed his teaching methods and the course overall.
January 2021 - Andrew Bielby
The course allowed me obtain the refresher training I required, in a COVID safe environment.