Competent Person: Low Voltage Healthcare (CP1)
Course for electrical staff who are to be nominated for competent persons duties required by HTM's. Learners should have a firm understanding of basic electrical principles. The course is also relevant to works managers and supervisors as an introduction to electrical safety and the law.
2 day course
Benefits for the learner
- A greater understanding and compliance with HTM 06-02.
Benefits for the employer
- Compliance with legislation and HTM 06-02.
- Better communication with colleagues and those involved in safe working procedures.
- Better documentation of safe working procedures.
What you’ll learn on this course
- Dangers of Electricity.
- Effects of current on the body.
- Methods of protection from electric shock.
- Testing of electrical installations.
- Electricity at Work Regulations.
- Roles and Duties HTM's.
- Requirements of GS38 test equipment.
- Working on equipment made dead.
- Working on live equipment.
- Issue of safe to work permit.
- Local house rules.
What do I need to bring with Me?
- Learners can bring with them any materials used by their own employer, copies of risk assessments or management systems so that they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.
- Learners should bring safety boots and safety glasses, and waterproof clothing for outdoor practical exercises.
How is the training delivered?
- Learners assessed, both in written and practical exercises.
- This course may include evening work, both the reading of course materials and completion of projects.
- This course incorporates assessment and certification under the City and Guilds Accredited Scheme.
- You will receive a certificate of attendance from Develop Training Limited.
May 2022 - Daniel farquhar
The course was put across well the trainer kept you engaged. The venue was good but the food could have been a bit more exciting other than that all in all good
October 2021 - Carlos Belloso
September 2021 - Kyle Fallan
May 2021 - John Noble
Stuart did a good job with delivering the course. Slides could be a bit better and follow the learner handout.
August 2020 - Raymond Wallace
March 2020 - Norrie Peters
The tutor was clear and concise with his delivery
February 2020 - Derek Japp
The laid back and patient approach from the lecturer, al was very informative
January 2020 - Chris Glennie
It was a good way to refresh / update my knowledge of the issues.
January 2020 - Connor Stephen
The lunch was amazing
October 2019 - Norrie Peters