Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations (ME91c)
Course aimed at practising electricians who have not carried out inspection and testing since qualifying or who require some update of training before going on to other City & Guilds qualifications. The qualification is also suitable for those with limited experience of initial inspection and periodic inspection of electrical installations, such as those entering the industry from other engineering disciplines or who have been working in allied trades.
5 day course
Benefits for the learner
- It allows candidates to prepare for the initial verification and periodic inspection of electrical installation work.
Benefits for the employer
- The qualification is endorsed by the Institute of Engineering & Technology (IET).
- Successful candidates will be able to carry out and certify all new electrical installation work, including major and minor alterations, and additions to existing electrical systems, plus complete and certify periodic inspection and testing.
What you’ll learn on this course
- Understand the requirements for inspection and testing.
- Understand safety management procedures when undertaking inspection and testing.
- Understand the requirements for the inspection of an electrical installation.
- Understand the requirements for testing electrical installations.
- Perform inspection and testing of electrical installations.
What do I need to bring with Me?
- Learners are required to have one copy each of the latest versions of the following:
- BS7671 - The IET Wiring Regulations.
- IET Guidance Note 3.
- IET On-Site Guide.
- Proof of ID - photocard such as driving licence, JIB Grade Card, ECS Card, etc.
- Scientific Calculator (non-programmable).
- Test Instruments relevant to the course, including multifunction testers - Develop Training have instruments for you to use, but you may bring your own if desired. Please ensure they have a current calibration certificate and comply with current requirements.
How is the training delivered?
- Unit 502: Initial and Periodic Inspection and Testing (Three Practical Assignments - Tasks A, B and C).
- Unit 052: Initial and Periodic Inspection and Testing (Online multiple-choice exam).
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Inspection and Testing (2391-52).
February 2022 - Daniel Dempster
Paul Allan provided an outstanding course.
February 2022 - Paul Richardson
Paul was absolutely superb, answering all my questions with detailed knowledge and in a help film friendly manor.
January 2022 - Ross Stevens
Instructor was very knowledgeable and helpful in everything we did.
July 2021 - Kevin Ashley
The venue is very good and the trainer was excellent, delivered the course with a relaxed manner to keep you relaxed as possible.
July 2021 - Matthew Collins
Paul makes you feel relaxed, and distributed the course perfectly.
February 2020 - Shaun Evans
Inclusivity, everyone was made welcome and encouraged to participate fully. The lead tutor was very informative, engaging and imaginative with his deliver style.
November 2019 - Jamie Donaldson
the lecturer had a good knowledge
November 2019 - William McDowall
The course was very well delivered by a lecturer who has a wealth of knowledge on the subject. The course work documentation and all tools provided for use were relevant to our objectives and were of very good standard.
June 2019 - David Davis
Good informative training environment - instructor with the necessary skills and knowledge to not only teach but also be able to explain in real life scenarios to get the point across.
April 2018 - Patrick Banks
Internet access - for online assessment on the last day most of the laptops didn't connect. Trainers during the week were more than helpful and guided us through anything that was needed. The only extra help that would of been perfect if not using the books frequently would be when practice papers are used for revision is that if it refers to a reg that number being available would help the learning. Thanks.
April 2018 - Ben Christopher Greenaway
Poor WIFI signal to the classroom to be able to take the relevant exam on the provided laptops.