In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT Testing) C&G 2377-77 (ME16(P))
2 day course
Benefits for the learner
- Greater understanding and compliance with legislation.
Benefits for the employer
- Compliance with legislation.
- Better documentation, communication and enforcement of safe working procedures.
What you’ll learn on this course
- Requirements of statutory regulation/legislation.
- Class I, II and III appliances.
- Fuse rating and visual inspection of cables and connections.
- Testing of appliances, Earth Bonding, Insulation Resistance, Earth Leakage.
- Labelling and retention of records.
What do I need to bring with Me?
- Learners can bring with them any materials used by their own employer, copies of risk assessments or management systems so that they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.
- Learners should bring safety boots and safety glasses.
How is the training delivered?
- The City and Guilds qualifications is assessed in practical exercises and via written tests/an online exam.
- This course incorporates assessment and certification under the City and Guilds 2377-77 scheme; the Level 3 Certificate for the Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment.
November 2021 - Ross Parr
One of the best delivered courses ive been on the trainer Paul was excellent very thorough and nice guy
September 2020 - Matthew Piper
The Food. Passing The Course. Home Time.
September 2020 - Luke Spencer
September 2020 - Adam Moss
The event as a whole was excellent could not fault the service I'd received, Stuart is accommodating very organised and experienced in his field relaying correct and precise information there wasn't a question he did not or could not answer. I'd highly recommend. Receptionist was friendly very helpful ensuring timing and running of the course was on time.
March 2020 - Stewart Ryan
The course instructor was very informative and made the course a fun and worth while exercise.
January 2020 - Lee Peter James Dent
Nice venue, friendly staff, good pace of training delivery.
November 2019 - Adam Murphy
The course was well organised and the lecturer had a high level of knowledge. Support given throughout and I would highly recommend the course to others
November 2019 - Alex Prescott
Very good atmosphere, friendly staff and free drinks
September 2019 - Allan Scott
July 2018 - Lee Morgan
The only thing for improvement is the air conditioning system is still not functioning. A lot of delegates on other courses were talking quite negatively on this. There are also not enough mobile units to go around the centre (provided by WRC) and these units cannot be used in office or communal area's of the centre as they've no windows to exhaust the unit.
February 2018 - Martin McGuinness
the following really need to be looked at 1, for a PAT testing course there was very little pat testing 2, the course should be a 3 day course 3, the accomadation needs looked at, beds really uncomfortable, the food was at times substandard
February 2018 - Stew Willis
The trainer was pleasant and likable and seemed to have an understanding of the subject but it was very apparent that he new to (probably his first time) delivering the material. He was open and honest about the fact that he did not know the answers to some of the issues that were not adequately explained in the training material, and took careful note of any questions I had, and was very dilligent in finding out the answers. He took the time to understand exactly what the issues were and to find the correct answer. Taking this into account (and in my opinion as a professional technical trainer myself) I was happy overall with the standard of training he delivered. I would also say that given a couple of runs through delivery of the training he will make a good trainer and that his natural flow will soon come out. Please take this in the spirit in which it is intended: As constructive criticism and not as a negative assessment of his abilities. I would happily recommend him to deliver this training to my staff as his familiarity with the material increases. I have been fortunate in having written all the material I deliver and so have every sympathy with him coming in cold to deliver someone elses material. Overall a good performance.