Authorised Person: Mechanical Systems (Boiler and Pressure Systems) (AP11)
Course for learners who have been nominated for appointment as authorising engineer or authorised person mechanical. Learners who are to be appointed under safety rules should also be able to demonstrate an appropriate level of experience of mechanical systems and mechanical principles and theory.
4 day course
Benefits for the learner
- Greater understanding and compliance with legislation.
- Better communication with colleagues.
Benefits for the employer
- Compliance with legislation.
- An independent recommendation of suitability as an Authorised Person.
- Better documentation, communication and enforcement of safe working procedures.
What you’ll learn on this course
- Safe working procedures on pressure systems as required by the Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000, Provision and use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 and Safety Rules and Procedures for Work on Pressure Systems.
- Requirements of statutory regulation/legislation.
- Operational Appointments, Roles and Duties of Appointed Personnel.
- Risk Assessment.
- Creating, documenting and enforcing safe working procedures.
What do I need to bring with Me?
- Learners can bring with them any materials used by their own employer, copies of risk assessments or management systems so that they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.
How is the training delivered?
- The training course is delivered using our in-house safety rules, but it can be adapted to reflect a clients own safety rules and documentation.
- Learners complete practical exercises that involve the management, application and control of documentation. There is an emphasis on hands on experience wherever this is possible.
- Assessment is by written paper on an isolation documentation exercise.
- The output from this boilers and pressure systems training course is a recommendation to support an Authorising Engineers decision when considering the appointment of Authorised Persons.
June 2022 - Sean Smith
The trainer was very knowledgable and delivered in a way that was easy to understand.
March 2022 - Edward Wright
The trainer delivery could have possibly been subject matter driven apposed what appears to be a stand in, to the venue is acceptable, the course material was I feel disappointing with reference to out of date providers (corgi) and spelling, the method of delivery was suffice
February 2022 - stephen wren
Robbie is a very engaging and knowledgeable person, a pleasure to be taught by him
November 2021 - Allan cameron
Trainer delivery was amazing and very well deliverd.
November 2021 - Jason Staddon
Trainer was awesome
November 2021 - Ricky Norton
Trainer was knowledgeable and engaging
November 2021 - Chris Bateson
Course was engaging and well delivered. The tutor made the course interactive.
April 2021 - Alan Peter Nixon
While the course and in particular the trainer was excellent I did feel the course could be comfortably condensed into 4 days
September 2020 - Michael Ralph
Friendly, Interactive and relaxed pace of instruction.
January 2020 - Matthew Craig
I thought that the tutor related the learning well to his experiences making learning easier to understand & follow. Not only that he was constantly testing the group ensuring understanding this was very beneficial during the first day which was quite heavy powerpoint.
January 2020 - Robert Whalley
I thoroughly enjoyed the whole package
December 2019 - Jeffrey Spencer
Good environment and with fellow colleagues from different backgrounds. Small class was helpful over the week. Good trainer in assisting with the materials.
November 2019 - Peter Anthony Priday
The Tutor progress the course at a good rate and his knowledge of the subject made him easy to understand and follow.
August 2019 - Alan Beard
The relaxed and no hurry attitude from Bob, extremely good tutor.
August 2019 - Richard Emery
interaction with others on the course. Informed discussion during and in the evenings helps to enforce the learnt element and its application in the work place