A 1 day training course designed to upgrade those who have previously completed a 17th Edition IET Wiring Regulations (3rd amendment) course, to the latest IET Wiring Regulations standard.
To be eligible for this course learners must provide proof of 17th Edition 3rd amendment training; only a Develop Training attendance certificate or a City & Guilds 2382-15 certificate will be accepted.
Please note that all learners will be required to take the full 18th Edition examination. Develop Training strongly recommend that, unless a learner has recently undertaken a 17th Edition (3rd amendment) training course, they should attend the full 3 day 18th Edition course.
What you will learn
Upon successful completion of this course individuals will be conversant with the main changes that have been introduced into the Requirements for Electrical Installations (BS7671: 2018) 18th Edition Regulations.
Key learning points:
- Changes to Part 1 Scope, object and fundamental principles.
- Changes to Part 4 Protection for Safety (Chapters 41, 42 & 44, plus the new Chapter 46)
- Changes to Part 5 Selection & Erection of Equipment (Chapters 52, 53, 54 & 55).
- Changes to Part 6 Inspection & Testing (Chapter revisions).
- Changes to Part 7 Special Installations & Other Locations (Sections 704, 708, 710, 721, 722, 730 & 753).
- Changes to Appendices, including the new Appendix 17 – Energy Efficiency.
N.B. Course duration and content may change once the full scope of the update is released. Develop Training strongly recommend that, unless a learner has recently undertaken a 17th Edition (3rd amendment) training course, they should attend the full 3 day 18th Edition course.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Learners should bring a calculator, a copy of BS7671 18th Edition Wiring Regulations and the On Site Guide.
- Learners can also bring with them any materials used by their employer, copies of risk assessments or management systems so that they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.
N.B. Learners may insert page tabs and highlight text within their own copies of BS7671:2018, but must not add additional notes, other than any issued by the IET as a Corrigendum. If additional notes are written in, then Develop Training is obliged to provide learners with a 'clean', un-tabbed copy for the exam.