Multi Utility Butt Fusion Jointing up to 355mm (MUBF)
Course designed to provide the relevant skills for operatives involved in the construction of polyethylene water or gas distribution mains so that they can competently undertake butt fusion welding of polyethylene pipe in pipe sizes up to 355mm.
1 day course
Benefits for the learner
Following the successful completion of this course learners will possess the knowledge, understanding and practical skills to competently undertake butt fusion welding of polyethylene pipes in pipe sizes up to 355mm.
Benefits for the employer
This course will provide suitably qualified main layers with an update on the following areas:
- Competent employees, better able to complete and document jointing operations.
What you’ll learn on this course
- To state the essential elements required to make successful joints using Butt Fusion methods.
- To demonstrate the ability to join PE pipes together in line with industry standards.
- To correctly set up Butt Fusion equipment ready for operation.
- To correctly introduce PE pipe into machines to eliminate joint fault.
- To demonstrate the ability to use machines provided.
- To apply a level of quality assurance to completed joints, to ensure suitability to carry water.
- To carry out the Butt Fusion process in accordance with Health and Safety requirements.
What do I need to bring with Me?
Learners must bring the following items for personal protective equipment:
- Industrial safety helmets or bump caps.
- Safety gloves.
- Safety boots or shoes with protective toecaps.
- Conventional or disposable overalls or boiler suits.
- Safety spectacles or goggles.
Learners must also bring their EUSR Card with registration number.
How is the training delivered?
A mixture of classroom training with written assessments followed by practical training and assessment in a workshop environment.
- Main layers who successfully pass assessment are registered with EUSR and will have an endorsement added to their list of qualifications. This endorsement lasts for 3 years.
- On completion of the course learners will be sent a virtual EUSR card to their mobile phones. Therefore a mobile phone number must be provided on the day. Hard copy cards, if required, must be requested prior to course delivery and will incur additional fees.