Network Construction Operations Gas Level 1 (NCO1G)
Course (excluding weekends) designed for all persons who assist in the construction of gas mains and services. To provide candidates with the skills to assist with Gas main and service construction and to achieve the Level 1 Certificate in Network Construction Operations (Gas). The course also incorporates NRSWA LA, O1 and O2.
Is this the right NCO course for you?
View our guide for NCO Gas Pathways training
10 day course
Benefits for the learner
- Confidence to assist with the laying of mains and services, repairs and alterations.
- Better communication with colleagues and assessment of risk.
Benefits for the employer
- Competent employees, better able to assist Mains and Service laying.
- Compliance with industry standards, registration with EUSR.
What you’ll learn on this course
- To assist with the location and avoidance of underground structures.
- To assist with signing, lighting and guarding of works.
- To assist with the excavation and reinstatement of holes and trenches.
- Fundamental Health & Safety including Manual Handling, Fire Control, Use of Breathing Apparatus and Emergency First Aid.
- Assist in preparing for reinstatement of excavation and pavement surfaces.
- Working under supervision, contribute to an efficient and effective work environment.
- Working under supervision, contribute to health, safety and environment in the workplace during gas network construction.
- Working under supervision, operate powered tools and equipment for network construction operations.
- Working under supervision, join polyethylene pipe by electrofusion welding.
- Working under supervision, assemble components to meet specifications for gas network construction operations.
- Working under supervision, join polyethlene pipe by butt fusion welding.
What do I need to bring with Me?
- Learners should bring a helmet, high visibility clothing, safety boots and safety glasses, overalls and working gloves.
- Learners should bring their current EUSR card if they have one.
How is the training delivered?
- The course consists of theoretical & practical training & assessment delivered in centre at a Develop Training venue.
- Learners complete a portfolio of evidence during the 10-day programme.
- NRSWA LA = Unit 1 - Location and Avoidance of Underground Apparatus.
- NRSWA O1 = Unit 2 - Signing, Lighting and Guarding.
- NRSWA O2 = Unit 3 - Excavation in the Highway.
- Level 1 Certificate in Network Construction Operations (Gas).
- Upon successful achievement of the qualification learners are registered with the EUSR database, providing an in-date SHEA Gas is already held.
- On completion of the course learners will be sent a virtual EUSR card to their mobile phones. Therefore a mobile phone number must be provided on the day. Hard copy cards, if required, must be requested prior to course delivery and will incur additional fees.
March 2022 - Joshua Willcocks
Both of the trainers I had, Phil Wells and Iain Gates were fantastic. The venue is brilliant, especially the canteen.
October 2020 - Daniel Wilson
Polite and knowledgeable trainers. Helpful and attentive. Getting to do practical work in the workshop.
September 2020 - Ellis James
That the mentor Iain and his way of teaching, he would always fully explain everything and felt really comfortable even able to ask him question when ever I felt like I didn’t understand anything properly.
July 2020 - Oliver Burton
The practical stuff
July 2020 - Sean Gonzalez-Naylor
Supportive and friendly staff
July 2020 - Shaun Wilkinson
It was highly informative and broken down well thanks to the instructor.
January 2020 - Luke Robinson
Fantastic training staff