Network Construction Operations Gas Level 2 Initial Units (NCO2G-IND)
Course and associated assessments, for all operatives and supervisors who install gas services or mains and are to undertake their Level 2 Network Construction Operations Gas - Service Layer or Main Layer.
Is this the right NCO course for you?
View our guide for NCO Gas Pathways training
2 day course
Learners wishing to undertake this training and assessment must have undertaken either our Network Construction Operations Gas Level 1 or our Network Construction Operations Gas Fundamental Health & Safety.
Benefits for the learner
- Understanding the electronic portfolio & evidence requirements.
- Understanding H&S requirements for Gas main/service construction on the gas distribution network.
Benefits for the employer
- Competent employees, better able to communicate actions to others.
- Compliance with industry standards, registration with EUSR.
- Employers can remotely access digital portfolios to review progression of their learners at any time.
What you’ll learn on this course
- How to produce & record evidence for ePortfolio.
- Health & Safety refresher from NCO level 1.
- NRSWA refresher, plant avoidance & Signing, Lighting and Guarding.
- Trench Support Appreciation.
What do I need to bring with Me?
- Learners should bring a helmet, high visibility clothing, safety boots and safety glasses, overalls and working gloves.
- Learners should bring their current EUSR card.
- Learners can bring with them any materials used in their work, copies of risk assessments or management systems so that they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.
How is the training delivered?
- The course consists of theoretical & practical training & assessment delivered in centre at a Develop Training venue.
- Learners and assessors agree a timetable to complete the collation of evidence, to meet the requirements of the client.
- Learners and assessors complete an electronic portfolio of evidence allowing more efficient assessment, verification and storage of supporting evidence. Employers can access an overview of progress at any time.
- This course registers learners onto their relevant discipline of service or main laying, either self-lay or distribution.
- Upon successful completion learners can then programme onto either the Network Construction Operations Gas Level 2 Service Laying or Network Construction Operations Gas Level 2 Main Laying up to 180mm.