Network Construction Operations Gas Level 2 Service Laying (NCO2GSL)
Course and associated assessments, for all operatives and supervisors who install gas services, to achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Network Construction Operations (Gas) - Service Layer.
Is this the right NCO course for you?
View our guide for NCO Gas Pathways training
4½ day course
Learners wishing to undertake this training and assessment must have undertaken our Network Construction Operations Gas Level 2 Induction.
Benefits for the learner
- Confidence in installing gas services.
- Better communication with colleagues and assessment of risk.
Benefits for the employer
- Competent employees, better able to communicate actions to others.
- Compliance with industry standards, registration with EUSR.
- Employers can remotely access digital portfolios to review progression of their learners at any time.
What you’ll learn on this course
- Electrofusion jointing.
- Servicelaying general requirements.
- Laying PE services.
- Impact Moling (EUSR accredited).
- Service renewal techniques.
- Low & medium pressure service testing ,purging & commissioning.
- Optional Meter Disconnection.
What do I need to bring with Me?
- Learners should bring a helmet, high visibility clothing, safety boots and safety glasses, overalls and working gloves.
- Learners should bring their current EUSR card.
- Learners can bring with them any materials used in their work, copies of risk assessments or management systems so that they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.
How is the training delivered?
- The course consists of theoretical & practical training & assessment delivered in centre at a Develop Training venue.
- Learners and assessors agree a timetable to complete the collation of evidence, to meet the requirements of the client.
- Learners and assessors complete an electronic portfolio of evidence allowing more efficient assessment, verification and storage of supporting evidence. Employers can access an overview of progress at any time.
- Following the course a minimum of one observed assessments is planned in the workplace to provide the necessary evidence to meet the standards of the qualification. (Please note that late cancellation of observed assessment may incur further fees to achieve completion).
- This course incorporates assessment and certification for the Level 2 Certificate in Network Construction Operations (Gas) - Service Layer.
- Upon successful achievement of the qualification it is registered with the EUSR database.
- On completion of the course learners will be sent a virtual EUSR card to their mobile phones. Therefore a mobile phone number must be provided on the day. Hard copy cards, if required, must be requested prior to course delivery and will incur additional fees.