Core Domestic Meter Installation & Commissioning (Limited Scope) Reassessment (CMA2LS/MET3LS-R)
Course to install and commission domestic gas sized meters which are then sealed off at the meter outlet fitting, ensuring gas is not left available to installation pipework. This includes medium pressure meters not greater than 2 bar pressure.
This course combines CMA2 LS, which covers gas safety in limited scope domestic gas work, and MET3 LS, designed to test the competence of an installer wishing to install and commission domestic gas meters that are sealed off at the meter outlet fitting. CMA2 LS is a pre-requisite to MET3 LS.
2 day course
Candidates must bring with them evidence of the previously achieved qualification in the same subject to enable us to commence training, if expired by over 12 months on the day of assessment, the initial route shall be taken.
If Develop Training doubts the authenticity of the information presented by the applicant, they will decline access to the ACS assessment.
Benefits for the learner
- This course teaches installers everything they need to be able to install and commission primary domestic gas meters, up to six cubic meters per hour capacity, that are sealed off at the meter outlet fitting. Training and assessment covers general gas safety competence in limited scope core domestic gas work (CMA2 LS)* and the specific gas meter appliance module, MET3 LS. MET3 LS covers the installation and commissioning of domestic gas meters, but only when they are sealed off at the meter outlet fitting, with no gas is left in the installation pipework and/or appliances.
*CMA2 LS does not cover work on altering the position of meters, meter exchange, connection of outlet pipework or commissioning on appliances or internal installation pipework other than that required for the meter installation.
Benefits for the employer
- Compliance with industry standards.
What you’ll learn on this course
- Course content:Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations 1998
- Tightness testing and purging
- Gas industry unsafe situations procedure
- Scope of operatives work checking and setting regulators
- Operation and positioning of emergency isolation and warning labels
- Emergency procedures
- Pipe-work and fittings installations
What do I need to bring with Me?
- Learners must bring their current ACS certificates, Gas Safe card, two passport photographs, tools and PPE including Safety boots, glasses, gloves and clothing suitable for practical work.
- All reference materials will be provided.
How is the training delivered?
- The training is delivered over 1 day by a combination of theoretical and practical sessions. On day 2 the assessment is split into 3 areas, Theory - multiple choice questionnaires (both open and closed book), Practical Observations and Practical Assessment Workbook Scenarios. Candidates must achieve a pass in all 3 areas.
- Upon successful completion learners will be issued with an NICEIC accredited qualification in CMA2 LS & MET3 LS. Gas Safe Register will be notified of all certification results by NICEIC allowing the individual or employer to apply for Gas Safe Registration.